Optional Section Fill-in
How to Create an Optional Section Fill-In
To create an Optional Section Fill-in, follow the below steps –
- Open/create a Snippet
- In the Snippet Editing Bar, select the Fill-ins button as shown here
- Once you select the Fill-ins button, a drop-down menu will appear. From there, select “Optional Section”
- Once selected, you will have the option to name the Optional Section and if you’d like to have the Optional Section included by default. (The name of your optional section is not the content to be expanded, it’s used to identify the optional section in your snippet.
- Select “OK” and your Fill-in is now inserted into your Snippet
- Between the two indicators of the optional section input your desired content to be expanded when the optional section is selected for expansion
- Optional Sections can contain other advanced snippet elements, like single-line, multi-line, pop-up fill-ins, and time-date macros. (You can even put another optional section within a optional section.)
- If you want the value within the Optional Section to be repeated elsewhere in your Snippet (i.e. you want to type a name once and have it reflected elsewhere in your email), you can do so by ensuring that the Optional Section Fill-ins all have the same name.
- Once you create a Fill-in, you can double-click it in your content to make quick changes
- Fill-ins are copy/pastable! This means you can select a Fill-in, and press the “copy” hotkey ( ⌘ + C on MacOS, Ctrl + C on Windows), then press the “paste” hotkey ( ⌘ + V or Ctrl + C) to paste it elsewhere in the Snippet.