Guide: TextExpander Rollout Checklist
Here’s a handy guide to help you take the steps needed to successfully bring TextExpander to your teams.
- Create a Planning Team for the rollout. A larger company may need several Planning Teams, one for each department coming onboard.
- Decide who will be departmental / team leads and put them on the Planning Team.
- Each team lead should locate the key power users and stake holders in their department and add them to the Planning Team.
- The Planning Team needs to determine the best ways to use TextExpander on that team.
- Determine what content, in the form of Snippet groups, needs to be shared with whom.
- Review good Snippet sharing practices in our guide: How do I set up Snippet groups for sharing.
- Create reference documentation for how TextExpander is used on your team.
- Add our TextExpander FAQ to your internal wiki.
- Build a training on the best ways to use TextExpander.
- Create a TextExpander Organization, follow our guide for details.
- Select whether to set up Single Sign-On (SSO).
- Choose your Organization admin and billing admin.
- Make the team leads organization admin so they have access to the organization settings and can manage their own team’s needs.
- Team leads set up Teams in the organization settings.
- Install TextExpander on everyone’s devices if your company is set up for push install.
- Team leads invite their teams to join the TextExpander Organization.
- If Organization Domain is On: Inform your team to create a TextExpander account with their company email address.
- If SSO is on: Inform your team to join TextExpander through their SSO dashboard.
- Schedule a TextExpander Training.
- Invite your team to a Training session.
- Run a Training session.
- Check in with the team to see how the rollout is going.
- Let the team know how to get help.
- Team leads review Snippets periodically to ensure teams are following naming standards and ensure accuracy and quality.
- Encourage team to add/edit Snippets as new information/techniques come to light. Or, encourage the team to submit proposed changes to the Group admin and team leads.
- Solicit input from team on how to improve the rollout.
- Review Snippet statistics to see how the team is using TextExpander.
- Incorporate TextExpander into new hire training.